Corporate Social Responsibility
- Read our Smart Urban Delivery Strategy 2019-2021
- View our Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- View more about DPDgroup's CSR initiatives here
Carbon neutral commitment
Our commitment is to make every parcel we deliver carbon neutral, for all our customers, at no extra cost for them.
We do that by measuring our CO2 emissions, by striving to reduce them, and by offsetting the remaining emissions.
DPDgroup targets a reduction of road transport CO2 emissions of 10% per parcel by 2020, compared to the levels of 2013.
How we do it:
- By improving the efficiency of our transport network, by tour optimisation for example
- By the deployment of innovative solutions, like Predict or Pickup,
- By an increased use of alternative fuel vehicles
To offset our remaining transport emissions, we finance renewable and cleaner energy production projects by purchasing carbon credits. Together with EcoAct, the European leader on the carbon market, we have put in place an offsetting program respecting the most rigorous international standards.
To know more about Carbon neutral commitment:
Smart urban delivery
Over 74% of the European population lives in a city. As we deliver to more and more people every day, we need to be aware of our impact on urban populations and communities and offer solutions that improve people's way of life.
Our commitment toward Smart Urban Delivery is to improve urban-life by giving people greater delivery choices, while helping to tackle traffic congestion and to reduce local pollution.
Our actions in this field also result in significant benefits: less particulate matter emissions in our cities, less traffic on our roads and less time wasted by customers waiting for their parcels.
How we do it:
- We measure the environmental impact of our logistic platforms and of our vehicles in city centres.
- We develop innovative delivery services, like Predict, increasing first-time delivery success.
- We offer customers the choice and the flexibility of the place and the day they want to be delivered.
To know more about Smart urban delivery:
Traditional delivery business is reshaped by the rise of e-shopping and on-demand delivery. Therefore, we encourage innovation inside and outside of our business.
Entrepreneurship and innovation are part of our DNA. Most part of our business expansion history has been made through acquisitions of local delivery expert companies characterised by their outstanding entrepreneurial spirit: mostly run by entrepreneurs and highly dedicated managers.
Our model for achieving this goal is based on intrapreneurship, support to local partner companies, and employee training.
How we do it:
- Our annual internal Quality Awards stimulate innovation by highlighting remarkable local projects fulfilling our sustainable development objectives,
- Via our partnership with Ashoka on its European co-creation competition, we support pragmatic entrepreneurs thinking out of the box for solving social challenges,
- We support Beeleev, a selective global community of business owners and entrepreneurs worldwide.
To know more about Innovative entrepreneurship:
As a delivery company, we have many opportunities to generate contacts and build long lasting relationships. Our ambition is to make a positive contribution to the communities we're the closest to.
We have a wide range of different topics and areas in which our employees are involved: solidarity transport, disadvantaged children and youth, health, education, poverty, and environment.
Each Business Unit has developed the most meaningful initiative, relevant to its own eco-system.
How we do it: Our actions translate into free deliveries, employee volunteering, fundraising, and more.
To know more about Closer communities: